Wednesday, December 24, 2014

O Tannenbaum

I always think of O Tannenbam instead of O Christmas Tree, having spent time in Germany when I was very young (my memories are vague and probably more of what I have been told than what I really remember).

Last year we skipped a tree as we were in the middle of some repair work in our living room and it did not seem very Christmas like.  This year we have a tree and my husband even set up my son's large train set around the base:


In addition to the Bonnie Hunger mystery quilt I have been working on, I  made a small wall quilt using continuous prairie points this year as an exchange gift for a Christmas party and I am joining the link up party Bonnie is holding on her site today:



 Hope everyone has a joyous Christmas!

An update - I have finally written a pattern for this quilt and it is available on our farm's etsy store!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so neat. And I really like how you wound the garland around the boughs. Happy merry making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree and train set. You really out did yourself on the wall hanging though. I love the 3-D effect, and the way you've wound the gold cord through the branches. But the tree skirt is just precious. Thanks so much for sharing in Bonnie's Link-Up.
    Rae (nrhaller@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The christmas tree wall hanging is beautiful! Is there a pattern available for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I have not created a pattern for this quilt - but have a wreath pattern that uses a similar technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to teach the tree in July 2017 at the quilt shop where I work. Will you have a pattern in early spring 2017 that I could order? Or, would you give permission for me to copy it and write a pattern to be used in class,sold to students of my classes, and in the shop? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like this pattern to present to my sewing group. How can I get one as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like my quilt. I am finishing the final edit and plan to release it on our esty store - www.esty.com/shop/PendleAlpacas by mid month. Our move to the farm and getting my studio space up and running has taken longer than planned

      Delete
  7. Jennifer...have you published your pattern yet? If so, where can I find it?....thanx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have the pattern available on www.esty.com/shop/PendleAlpacas at the end of next week (August 25th)

      Delete
  8. Already thinking Christmas projects. Did you ever produce a pattern for the prairie point Christmas tree wall hanging? I'd appreciate hearing from you...Linda S

    ReplyDelete