Saturday, February 15, 2014

Summer - At Least in My Studio

Charleston is once again thawing out of an ice storm - twice in two weeks is just too weird.  Although I grew up in Colorado, I have lived in the South for nearly 30 years so I think my blood has thinned.  I don't really like cold weather anymore!

For two days I sweated as the lights flickered (I have way too much sewing machine work to do to be without power) but we were lucky and had light and heat the entire time.  Friends nearby weren't as fortunate.

I worked on Bloom as the icy rain fell.  In my last post I estimated about 2 hours to finish the flower - was I way off.  It took nearly 2 hours just to pull the threads from all the stops and starts!  I probably have closer to 3 days of stitching.


Once again I struggled with the marking of the background of the quilt.  Finding a marking pen that I can see and that will come out easily is becoming like a Holy Grail search.  Any ideas?


I still need to put on the facing, sleeve and label and need to decide if any of the centers need beading but I am pretty satisfied.


Once again I am linking to Nina~Marie Sayre's Off the Wall Friday to show my progress.

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely and marvellous stiching! I don't think you need any beading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny how it is easy to think your "work"
    will take 2 hours when indeed 2 days is more like it !
    I love your geranium,I also am big fan whole cloth painting, this piece of yours is wonderful and the painting and quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to underestimate the amount of time stitching takes!

      Delete
  3. It is beautiful ... whether quilting or knitting ... it always takes more time than we think, especially when it just HAS to be right!

    ReplyDelete