My three error studio rule was soon enacted. Like baseball (three strikes and you are out), when I plan a long time in the studio, I work until I make three errors. I find if I continue on, the next error is usually the one you can't easily fix - cutting a piece too small when you are almost out of fabric, ironing the fusible with the glue side up, quilting a scrap to the back of your quilt - you get the idea. After the third error occurs, I stop and leave my studio for a while - sometimes just a walk downstairs to get a drink of water is enough to clear my brain. Other times I need a longer break.
I didn't have trouble with the cutting, sewing or pressing - my strips worked out to be exactly the right size.
A few blocks into that theory I realized I might be making these blocks until next Christmas and changed to layering them like Bonnie had done in the clue post and cutting four blocks that will be out of the same fabric. Four out of 120 blocks - I don't think they will be that noticeable.
The second error occurred when I wasn't paying attention and sewed a black strip to a neutral strip.
The third error was a double - If you notice the bottom block is reversed. I usually pin all my intersections and have been doing this set with the rows just nested. It has worked almost every time - except for that block on the bottom of the picture. I was not happy with intersections - took it apart, pinned the intersection and re-sewed. Only then did I realize that it was reveresed. I had sewn the rows together wrong for the second time.
I was done for the day.
I managed to work on the clue again this morning and made good progress - twenty-seven blocks finished. That is all that will get done for awhile as I am headed to the Hobbit this afternoon with the kids and tomorrow is clue four!